International Research Journal of Integrated Medicine & Surgery (IRJIMS) is an international peer reviewed quarterly open access online journal. The journal promotes to publish full length original papers &reviews in the field of Ayurveda,Siddha,Yoga,Naturopathy,Unani,Homeopathy,Allopathy&pharmaceutical Science and Allied Health Sciences. All submissions of articles should contribute to improvement or should enlighten aspect in any of the above mentioned subject. Manuscript should be submitted according to standard specifications. Author should adhere to the journal format & style, legibly written in good English,comprehensive,concise&complete. Failure to follow these specifications may result in papers being delayed or rejected, socontributors are encouraged to read these instructions carefully before preparing the manuscript. The manuscript should be checked carefully for grammatical errors.
SCOPE OF JOURNAL
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Allied Health Sciences (Nursing,Physiotherapy,Occupational therapy,Orthotics,BPMT , DMLT,Prosthetics,Audiology,& speech language pathology)
Types of Articles
1) Original Articles – Fundamental Research, DrugResearch&Clinical Research (Maximum of 8 pages). It should present new experimental studies in elaborate form that constitute a significant contribution to the existing knowledge.
2) Reviews Articles – (Maximum of 6 pages) should bring up the most important current topics or health problems. Usually reviews are invited from researchers with considerable experience in the field concerned. The purpose of these manuscripts is to discuss in detail the existing state of knowledge,critical analysis of different opinions &uptodate development on the subject of current interest
3) Case Reports – (Maximum upto 5 pages) Clinical cases with unusual presentation of a disease as well as unreported adverse drug reaction cases can be submitted under this category. The author must be able to provide a statement that the patient described in the case report has given their informed consent for the case report to be published. The case report should include unstructured abstract, keywords, introduction, case report, brief discussion and conclusion with references.
- Manuscript should have not more than four authors.
- English language and free from grammatical mistakes.
- Single spaced throughout including tables,graphs &figures.
- A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides.
- Times New Roman Font using font size 12.
- Title should be in font size 14, bold face capitals.
- Sub headings in font size 12, bold face lower case.
- Ayurvedic terms should be in italics and relevant English meaning of the Ayurvedic terms should be given in the bracket.
- Abbreviations should be detailed at first time &later they can be used as it is in the main text.
- Justify all text by using (ctrl+J).
A research paper should be arranged into the following sequence:
1) Title page
3) Key words
5) Materials and methods
6) Observations and results
9) Acknowledgement (if any)
1) Title page
- All authors full name (surname first) mentioned below the title.
- Designation of the author with full contact details like address, phone no., email, to be mentioned.
- The corresponding author must be marked with an asterisk (*) and listed first.
- Corresponding author must indicate his/her complete mailing address,phone number, Email address and phone numberat the lower left of the title page.
- Should not be more than 250 words.
- Should be informative, completely self-explanatory and brief.
- Should state scope of experiments, indicate significant date and point out major findings and conclusion.
- Standard nomenclature should be used and abbreviations should be avoided.
- Should reflect major features of the work.
- 4-6 keywords separated by comma preferably arranged in alphabetical manner should be inserted.
- Keywords will be used for indexing purpose.
- Should include background of the subject, its significance and its relation to earlier works clarified with pertinent references.
- Clearly state the purpose of article.
- Do not review the subject extensively in the introduction.
5) Materials and Methods
- This section should provide a complete overview of the design of the study.
- Should be presented with sufficient clarity and details.
- All the procedures should be described in details e.g. diagnostic methods, description of inclusion and exclusion criteria, methods adopted for study, dosage, route of administration etc.
- Only new procedures should be described in details. Previously published procedures should be cited and mentioned briefly.
- Experiments on human subjects are to be done in accordance with Indian Council Of Medicinal Research (ICMR) protocol or approved by Institutional Ethical Committee and experiments of animals should be approved by Institutional Animal Ethical Committee (IAEC).
- For the care and use of laboratory animals, the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India and OECD notified guidelines should be strictly followed.
6) Observation and Results
- Results should be stated in logical sequence. Illustrate the results with figures or tables where necessary.
- Must be precise and comprehensive and should not be ambiguous.
- Negative results should not be manipulated.
- Should contain a critical review of the results of the study with support of relevant literature.
- Should provide an interpretation of results and their significance with previously published work.
- The major findings of the work highlighting its importance, relevance and the usefulness of the study should be summarized.
- Must discus a short summary and further scope in the field should be described in this context.
- All acknowledgements should be typed in one paragraph.
- Should include supporting grants, equipment’s, etc.
- Only scientific personnel’s who have made substantial and essential contributions to the study should be acknowledged
- Should be in Vancouver style and numbered consecutively in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text.
- Cite references by appropriate number with superscript e.g.Charak , ,, etc. and the numbers should be within square brackets
- Avoid using abstract as references and not cite any references in discussion and conclusion section.
The commonly cited types of references are shown here:
Format: Authors, Article title, Journal title, Date of publication, Volume (issue): Page no.
1) SrinuvasuluBhandari, BhadraDev P Murthy P H C. Clinical evaluation of Panchavaktra rasa in the management of amvata ( Rheumatoid arthritis ) International Journal of Ayurvedic Medicine 2012:3(1).22-39
2) PanjaS.C.SambhashivRao R. Stool Culture as a Diagnostic Aid in the Detection of Entamoebahistolytica in the Faecal Specimens. Indian J. Pathol. Microbiol October 1995, 38(4)359-363
- Books and other monographs
Format: author, title, edition, place of publication, publisher, date of publication, page no.
1) Mukhopadhyaya GN. The surgical instruments of the Hindus volume 2, Calcutta, Calcutta University Press: 1913.p.225-230
2) Singihal GD SushrutSamhita volume-2 (sharir, chikitsa and kalpasthana) Delhi Chaukhamba Sanskrit Pratishthan 2007.p.429
3) Sharma.RK,Bhagwan Das, Charaksamhita (English translation) volume-3 (chikitsasthan chapter 1-4) Varanasi Chaukhamba Sanskrit Series Office.p.3-4
- From websites
Example: Hypertension, dialysis and clinical nephrology (home page on the internet). Hinsdale (IL): medtext.Inc:c1995-2001(cited 2001 March 8) available from http://www.medtext.com/hden.htn.
Tables should be typed in MS word table format (with rows and columns visible) and be numbered consecutively in numerals and bear a brief title in capital letters normal face and must cited in within the text. Abbreviations should be defined as footnotes in italics at the bottom of each table.Please do not duplicate material that is already presented in the tables.
Figures must be on separate pages in JPEG format but not inserted within the text and bear a brief title in lower case bold face letters below the figure. Photographs, drawings,diagrams and charts are to be numbered in one consecutive series of the numerals in the order in which they are cited and abbreviated as Fig.1, Fig.2, etc. Photos or drawings must have a good contrast of dark and light.Legends of figures should be briefbut complete and self-explanatory so that the reader can easily understand the results presented in the figure.
- Authors are fully responsible if the submitted article contains any type of fraud or plagiarism.
- If there are any objections or complaints regarding the submitted article, the Chief Editor have full rights to modify or delete whole or part of written content even after publication.
- Authors can submit their manuscript through journals email address irjims@gmail .com
- Each manuscript will be provided with manuscript reference number(Id) and all correspondence is done through email. Please always refer to manuscript referencenumber for any further inquiries.
PEER REVIEW PROCESS:
- Submitted manuscript will be initially reviewed by chief editor. The editor decides whether to forward the article for thorough peer review. After review necessary changes and comments will be sent to author, even after first review if the requirements of the editor are not fulfilled will go for second review and so on.
- Confirmation of acceptance will be sent by email address to corresponding author given by chief editor, if author satisfies with all the changes suggested.
The journal charges the following author fees:
Authors are required to pay Rs. 2000 (max. upto 4 authors).
For foreign authors = 100US$
- Plagiarism is strictly forbidden & by submitting the articles for publication all authors agree that chief editor have the legal rights to take appropriate action against authors if plagiarism is found.
- Corresponding author is required to sign on behalf of all co-authors in copyright.
- Transfer form & Authorship responsibility form should be submitted after the manuscript is accepted.
Correction format will be sent to corresponding author through email. It is responsibility of the corresponding author to insure that the galley proofs are returned within seven days of receipt, if any correction, then use the correction format. If there are no correction then give us permission (by sending a reply mail as no correction) to upload on website.Download Attachment